Primer is an essential part of your makeup which makes your makeup blend easily giving you a more finished and smooth look. It reduces the appearance of pores and sealed them, so you don’t have to deal with cracked and oxidized foundation. Moreover, it helps your foundation to stay intact for a long time.
The benefits of using primer before applying your makeup are:
- It forms an even base for foundation
- It makes the skin looks more even and covers any imperfections
- It shrinks the pores and makes them less visible
- It diminishes soreness and blotches
- It nurtures and moisturize the skin
- It decreases sebum and shine caused by the natural skin oil
- It fills the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
Generally, primers are very easily applicable. They are basically found in matte as they are oil free products which controls the oil on the skin. Primers are beneficial to use for all skin types whether it be oily, combination or dry. Some good primers also come up with SPF formula that protects your skin from harmful sunrays.
Primers are usually applied on the face after applying moisturizing cream or lotion. You can either apply primer all over your face or on specific areas where your makeup doesn’t stay for long time like nose, chin, forehead or eyelids. Use a little quantity of primer and blend it well using your fingers. Wait a few minutes before putting on makeup, it will help the primer to go under your skin making an even surface.
Some of the primers are quite expensive and you feel reluctant to spend enough money buying them. But there is nothing to worry about. You can make a low cost primer at home using few inexpensive ingredients, which impart exact benefits as the expensive one.
- Take your liquid foundation that matches your skin tone into an empty, dry and clean bottle. Now take equal quantity of aloe vera gel into the bottle. Add any moisturizing cream you like about half the quantity of aloe vera gel. You can also add a little bit of SPF sunscreen if you like. Mix them well by using a small spatula. Your low cost primer is ready to use.
- Take 1/3rd part of glycerine and 3 portions of water into an empty bottle. Shake them well. Your spray primer is all set for use.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil 1/3rd cup of aloe vera gel and tinted powder. Mix all the ingredients well. The powder will give you a matte result.
- Have you ever heard a one ingredient primer? Here it is, Honey is recently been a hot trend for its use as a primer. All you need is a little bit of honey. Rub it all over your face for few minutes then wash it off. Apply your makeup as usual.
- Another most astonishing homemade primer can be made by using after balm. Just rub the balm on your entire face. Let is set and dry. Apply your makeup afterwards.