Honey is the most used natural product from the past. It is made from flower nectar collected by bees which then mix it with certain enzymes to make raw honey. The healing and beauty benefits of honey are due to these enzymes. Honey is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial enzymes which why is it used for acne, soothing blemishes and to level skin tone. For some autoimmune skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema, honey is considered to be the best therapeutic agent. It is also known that honey can control the growth of Candida on the skin.
Honey in its raw form is valuable in fighting acne because of its anti-microbial property. Discoloration on the skin, blemishes, spots and eczema can be treated by using unpasteurized honey as it accelerates the healing process of the skin’s cells. Raw honey is a natural exfoliator also. It removes dry and dead cells from your skin and exposes fresh and clear skin. It is essential that honey retains its healthy bacteria and all the healing properties before using. Moreover, it is advisable to test a small patch by applying little honey on your skin to see if you have any allergic reactions.
Honey can be mixed with other ingredients like yoghurt, turmeric, coffee, chickpeas flour making a thick paste which boosts beautifying and healing properties of honey and the paste can be easy applicable on skin. Cinnamon mixed with honey makes a great combination as it delivers antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
- Honey can be used for making skin looks fresh, clear and bright as it lightens the dark spots and peels off dead skin cells.
- It is also used to fade acne scars as it helps the cells to heal faster.
- It can also help to diminish minor blisters and lesions and soothes the skin.
- Thick paste of honey and turmeric can also reduce unwanted facial hair.
- Antifungal properties of honey makes it reduce fungal infections of the skin.
- It can be used as a daily conditioner or cream on face, hands and feet.
- Some research showed that honey can reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face as it fights off such infections that can cause aging.
- Honey has low pH that greatly helps to hinder the growth of pathogens, thus regulating the pH of your skin to avoid any infection.
Here are some tips on how you can use honey to get clear, flawless skin
- Honey and Lemon: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon juice. Apply this paste on your skin for 20 minutes. Then wash it off.
- Honey and Cinnamon: Take a pinch on cinnamon and mix it with some honey. Apply it on scars and wash it after 15 minutes.
- Honey and Banana: Mash 1 banana, mix it with 1 tablespoon honey and lemon juice. It will make a great face mask to avoid any breakage in skin.
Honey is enriched with natural enzymes and healing properties which can be used easily in your skin care routine.